National Comprehensive Cancer Network
NCCN Flash Update: NCCN Guidelines and NCCN Compendium Updated
NCCN has published updates to the NCCN Guidelines for Central Nervous System Cancers. These NCCN Guidelines are currently available as Version 1.2011.
- Two new algorithms were developed that provide recommendations for the treatment of:
- Adult Medulloblastoma and Supratentorial PNET
- Primary Spinal Cord Tumors
- Agents and regimens for the treatment of Adult Medulloblastoma and Supratentorial PNET have been added to the Principles of Systemic Therapy page.
NCCN has published updates to the NCCN Guidelines for Melanoma. These NCCN Guidelines are currently available as Version 1.2011.
- A new Principles of Radiation Therapy page was added that provides specific recommendations and dosing.
- The Principles of Biopsy page was separated into Principles of Biopsy and Principles of Pathology.
- A footnote regarding sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) was added stating, “For lower risk patients, such as IA and IB lesions ≤ 0.5mm thick and mitotic rate < 2 per mm2, SLNB should generally not be recommended, unless there are specific clinical indications (category 2B).”
For the complete updated version of these and all NCCN Guidelines, visit NCCN.org.