NCCN Flash Update: NCCN Guidelines and Compendium Updated
Flash Update Sent December 22, 2010
NCCN has published updates to the NCCN Guidelines™ and NCCN Drugs & Biologics Compendium (NCCN Compendium™) for Thyroid Carcinoma. These NCCN Guidelines are currently available as Version 1.2011.
- Denosumab (category 2A) was added as a treatment option to consider for patients with bone metastases in the Papillary, Follicular, Hürthle cell, and Medullary carcinoma guidelines. A corresponding footnote was added that states, “Denosumab can be associated with severe hypocalcemia; patients with hypoparathyroidism and vitamin D deficiency are at increased risk.”
- Pazopanib (category 2B) was added to the Papillary, Follicular, and Hürthle cell carcinoma guidelines in a footnote listing small molecule kinase inhibitors to consider as therapy for patients with metastatic disease in sites other than the CNS.
- The Thyroid Nodule Evaluation algorithm was extensively revised.
- The staging tables in the guidelines were updated to reflect the 7th edition (2010) of the AJCC Staging Manual.
Flash Update Sent December 14, 2010
NCCN has published updates to the NCCN Guidelines for Prostate Cancer. These NCCN Guidelines are currently available as Version 1.2011.
- Denosumab (category 1) was added as a treatment option for bone metastases under additional therapy for castration-recurrent metastatic prostate cancer.
- Options for secondary therapy for symptomatic castration-recurrent metastases were delineated that include immunotherapy, chemotherapy or additional hormone therapy.
- The Principles of Chemotherapy page has been expanded to include immunotherapy. Bullets supporting sipuleucel-T have been added to this section.
- The staging tables were updated to reflect the 7th Edition of the AJCC Staging Manual.
For the complete updated version of these and all NCCN Guidelines, visit NCCN.org.