NCCN Guidelines and Compendium Updated
NCCN Flash Update sent June 10, 2013
NCCN has published updates to the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) and NCCN Drugs and Biologics Compendium (NCCN Compendium®) for Cancer- and Chemotherapy-Induced Anemia. These NCCN Guidelines® are currently available as Version 1.2014.
- Comparison of risks and benefits of ESA use versus red blood cell transfusion page was revised: (ANEM-3)
- For risks of ESA in the cancer setting, the 2nd bullet was modified by adding: "Possible decreased survival."
- For risks of red blood cell transfusion, the 7th bullet was modified by adding: "Possible decreased survival."
- The page previously titled "Management of functional iron deficiency in patients receiving ESAs" was changed to "Evaluation of Iron Deficiency." (ANEM-5)
- The iron statuses for the evaluation of iron deficiency were clarified by: (ANEM-5)
- Adding a new iron status: "Absolute iron deficiency (ferritin <30 ng/mL AND TSAT <20%)."
- Adding to the functional iron deficiency, "in patients receiving ESAs" and revising the parameters from "ferritin £800 ng/mL AND TSAT <50%" to "ferritin 30-800 ng/mL AND TSAT 20%-50%."
- Revising the no iron deficiency status parameters from "ferritin >800 ng/mL OR TSAT ³20%" to "ferritin >800 ng/mL OR TSAT ³50%."
For the complete updated versions of the NCCN Guidelines, the NCCN Compendium®,and the NCCN Chemotherapy Order Templates (NCCN Templates®), please visit NCCN.org.
To access the NCCN Biomarkers Compendium™, please visit NCCN.org/biomarkers.
To view the NCCN Guidelines for Patients®, please visit NCCN.com.
Free NCCN Guidelines mobile apps for iPad and Android are now available! Visit NCCN.org/apps