NCCN Guidelines and Compendium Updated
NCCN Flash Update sent April 26, 2013
NCCN has published updates to the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) and the NCCN Drugs & Biologics Compendium (NCCN Compendium®) for Testicular Cancer. These NCCN Guidelines® are currently available as Version 1.2013.
- Primary treatment (TEST-11)
- For Stages IS, IIA S1, IIB S1, IIC, IIIA, IIIB, and IIIC, chemotherapy (with EP, BEP, or VIP) was clarified as a category 1 recommendation.
- Post-chemotherapy management (TEST-11)
- For a complete response with negative markers, Stage IS was separated from Stages IIA S1, IIB S1, IIC, and IIIA to indicate that surveillance is the management option for Stage IS.
- For a partial response with residual embryonal, yolk sac, choriocarcinoma, or seminoma elements remaining, chemotherapy with EP was clarified as a category 1 recommendation.
- Principles of radiotherapy (TEST-A 3 of 5)
- For Stage IIA-B, a new bullet was added: "Patients should not receive primary RT if they have a horseshoe (pelvic) kidney, inflammatory bowel disease, or a history of RT."
For the complete updated versions of the NCCN Guidelines, the NCCN Compendium®,and the NCCN Chemotherapy Order Templates (NCCN Templates®), please visit NCCN.org.
To view the NCCN Guidelines for Patients®, please visit NCCN.com.
Free NCCN Guidelines mobile apps for iPad and Android are now available! Visit NCCN.org/apps