NCCN GUIDELINES AND NCCN COMPENDIUM UPDATED
NCCN Flash Update sent August 5, 2014
NCCN has published updates to the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) for Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology. These NCCN Guidelines® are currently available as Version 1.2015.
- Screening, assessment, and evaluation
- Footnote “e” was modified to include mental health considerations: “These centers provide a multidisciplinary approach involving a team of providers with expertise in cancer treatment and management of specific mental health and developmental issues such as fertility, education, career development, employment, family planning, pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, smoking, and substance abuse.” (AYAO-2)
- Comprehensive assessment
- Under “Risk factors for multiple endocrine neoplasms,” added the following (AYAO-3):
- Neurofibromatosis-1 (NF-1)
- Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor (MPNST)
- Link to NCCN Guidelines for Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Treatment-related issues
- Under “Dose schedules,” added “bleomycin (pulmonary toxicity)” under monitoring of cumulative dosing for certain medications associated with irreversible organ damage may be essential when certain lifetime exposure is encountered. (AYAO-5)
- Definition of Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) cancer survivor was modified as follows: “An individual is considered a cancer survivor from the time of diagnosis through the balance of his or her life. Family members, friends, and caregivers are also impacted. Adapted with permission from the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship.” (AYAO-10)
For the complete updated versions of the NCCN Guidelines, the NCCN Drug & Biologics Compendium (NCCN Compendium®), and the NCCN Chemotherapy Order Templates (NCCN Templates®), please visit NCCN.org.
To access the NCCN Biomarkers Compendium®, please visit NCCN.org/biomarkers.
To view the NCCN Guidelines for Patients®, please visit NCCN.org/patients.
Free NCCN Guidelines apps iPhone, iPad, and Android devices are now available! Visit NCCN.org/apps