NCCN Guidelines for Patients
: Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
1.1 What are blood cells?
2 4 Tools
American Cancer Society
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
National Cancer Institute
• Cancer tests are used to plan treatment and check how well treatment is working.
• To confirm if you have CML, a sample of blood and/or bone marrow must be removed
from your body for testing.
• The removal of tissue from your body for testing is called a biopsy.
• Cytogenetic tests check for abnormal changes in chromosomes, such as the
• QPCR is a very sensitive test that detects and measures the
• Blood tests check for signs of CML in the blood.
Review of Part 2