NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Colon Cancer, Version 1.2014
Making treatment decisions
Questions to ask your doctors
each option require of me?
Many patients consider how each option will practically affect their lives. This information may be
important because you have family, jobs, and other duties to take care of. You may also be concerned
about getting the help you need. If you have more than one option, choosing the option that is the least
taxing may be important to you.
1. Will I have to go to the hospital or elsewhere? How many times? How long is each visit?
2. How do I prepare for treatment?
3. Should I bring someone with me when I get treated?
4. Will the treatment hurt?
5. How much will the treatment cost me?
6. Is home care after treatment needed? If yes, what type?
7. How soon will I be able to manage my own health?
8. When will I be able to return to my normal activities?