NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Melanoma, Version 1.2014
Overview melanoma treatments Websites | Review
National Cancer Institute
American Cancer Society
Skin Cancer Foundation
Melanoma Research Foundation
• Surgery to remove tumors is often used to treat
• Drugs can be given to treat melanoma in one
area or throughout the body.
• Chemotherapy drugs kill fast-growing cells.
• Immunotherapy drugs help the immune system
fight off cancer cells.
• Targeted therapy drugs specifically target cancer
• Radiation therapy kills cancer cells or stops new
cancer cells from forming.