NCCN Guidelines for Patients
: Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
Part 8: Tools
American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
• Cancer treatment is based on the cancer stage and cell type.
• Chemotherapy is the use of drugs to treat cancer.
• Radiation therapy uses high-energy rays to treat cancer.
• There are 2 types of surgery for mesothelioma: P/D and EPP.
• Primary treatment is the main treatment used to rid your body of cancer.
• Neoadjuvant treatment is given before surgery; adjuvant treatment is given after surgery.
Review of Part 5 – Treating mesothelioma