NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Multiple Myeloma, Version 1.2014
Tests for myeloma
Websites | Review
American Cancer Society
International Myeloma Foundation
Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
National Cancer Institute
• Cancer tests are used to plan treatment and
check how well treatment is working.
• Your health history and a body exam inform
your doctor about your health.
• Blood and urine tests check for signs of
• Tests of tissue or fluid from the bone marrow
are used to confirm whether there’s cancer.
• Tests that take pictures of the inside of your
body may show bone damage from the