NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Pancreatic Cancer, Version 1.2014
to ask your doctor
1. What tests will I have?
2. Do you recommend that I have a biopsy? If so, why?
3. Where will the tests take place? Will I have to go to the hospital?
4. How long will it take? Will I be awake?
5. Will it hurt? Will I need anesthesia?
6. What are the risks?
7. How do I prepare for testing? Should I bring someone with me?
8. How soon will I know the results and who will explain them to me?
9. If a biopsy is done, will I get a copy of the results?
10. Who will talk with me about the next steps? When?
Tests for pancreatic cancer
Questions to ask your doctor