NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Pancreatic Cancer, Version 1.2014
Genetic counseling | Treatment
Tests for pancreatic cancer
Websites | Review
American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
• Cancer tests are used to find cancer, plan
treatment, and check how well treatment is
• Your health history and a body exam inform
your doctor about your health.
• Blood tests check for signs of disease.
• Tests that take pictures of the inside of your
body may show cancer.
• Tests of tissue or fluid removed from your body
may find cancer.