NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Pancreatic Cancer, Version 1.2014
Overview of cancer treatments Websites | Review
American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
• Surgery removes the tumor along with some
normal-looking tissue around its edge.
• Radiation kills cancer cells or stops new cancer
cells from being made.
• Drugs can be used to kill cancer cells anywhere
in the body.
• Chemotherapy drugs kill fast-growing cells,
including cancer cells and normal cells.
• Targeted therapy drugs specifically target
• A clinical trial studies a test or treatment to see
how safe it is and how well it works.
• Clinical trials are an important treatment option
for people with pancreatic cancer.