NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Stages I and II Breast Cancer, Version 1.2014
to ask your doctor
Ask your doctors questions:
1. What treatments do you recommend?
2. What are the risks and benefits of each treatment?
3. How do my age, health, and other factors affect my choices?
4. Would you help me get a 2
5. What can I do to prepare for treatment?
6. How soon should I start treatment?
7. How much will the treatment cost? How can I find out how much my health insurance will cover?
8. How likely is it that I’ll be cancer-free after treatment?
9. What symptoms of treatment should I look out for?
10. What are my chances that the cancer will return?
11. What are my options for breast reconstruction?
Questions to ask your doctor