NCCN Guidelines and Compendium Updated
NCCN Flash Updates™ sent March 6, 2013
NCCN has published updates to the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) for Hodgkin Lymphoma. These NCCN Guidelines® are currently available as Version 1.2013.
- Global Changes
- International Working Group Response Criteria were replaced with Deauville PET criteria for response assessment and to determine further treatment options.
- Principles of Radiation Therapy extensively revised.
- Terminology changed throughout the Guidelines, "involved-field" radiation therapy (IFRT) changed to "involved-site" radiation therapy (ISRT).
- Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Stage I-II unfavorable bulky disease
- ABVD x 2-4 cycles changed from a category 2A recommendation to a category 1 recommendation.
- BEACOPP x 2 cycles + ABVD x 2 cycles + RT added as a treatment option (category 2A).
- Lymphocyte-Predominant Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Observation added as a treatment option for stage IA patients with a completely excised solitary lymph node.
- Single agent rituximab removed as a treatment option.
- Treatment recommendations added for refractory and relapsed disease.
For the complete updated versions of the NCCN Guidelines, the NCCN Compendium®, and the NCCN Chemotherapy Order Templates (NCCN Templates®), please visit NCCN.org.
To view the NCCN Guidelines for Patients®, please visit NCCN.com.
To access free NCCN Guidelines mobile apps for iPhone and Android, visit NCCN.org/mobile.
Now Available! The Virtual Library of NCCN Guidelines are now formatted for iPad and Android. Visit NCCN.org/mobile/tablet.asp.