NCCN and Flatiron Health Announce Collaboration to Launch Novel Oncology Outcomes Database
A new collaboration between NCCN and Flatiron Health will provide the opportunity to analyze key quality and outcomes metrics and identify trends and patterns in the care of patients with cancer.
FORT WASHINGTON, PA — The National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®) is collaborating with Flatiron Health to create a cloud-based data repository of NCCN Member Institution data – the NCCN Outcomes Database.
“The collaboration with Flatiron Health will provide oncology stakeholders the ability to garner critical insights needed to make informed decisions,” said Robert W. Carlson, MD, Chief Executive Officer, NCCN. “This database will give NCCN a leading edge in determining strategies for optimizing treatment protocols, as well as appropriate goals for oncology policy.”
Through this collaboration, electronic health record (EHR) data will be aggregated for cancer quality and outcomes assessment, as well as identification of key trends and patterns in the care of patients with cancer. Within this database, NCCN Member Institutions will have the opportunity to measure concordance to the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) and will be able to access OncoAnalytics™, Flatiron Health’s proprietary, cloud-based analytics tool.
“We are pleased to work with NCCN to spur advancements in patient-centered care,” said Amy Abernethy, MD, PhD, Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President, Oncology, Flatiron Health. “This collaboration will provide NCCN Member Institutions with the ability to leverage cancer data in a meaningful way to identify opportunities to enhance and improve care.”
In addition, the actionable clinical and business insights around population statistics, reimbursement, treatment and utilization patterns, and other key performance indicators will be available for Member Institution inquiries, as well as to external parties through a joint commercialization agreement between NCCN and Flatiron.
For more information, visit NCCN.org and Flatiron.com.
About Flatiron Health, Inc.
Flatiron Health helps the oncology community deliver better, more efficient care by powering an innovative platform to address today’s healthcare challenges. The Flatiron Health OncologyCloud™ platform includes the industry-leading electronic medical record for oncology, advanced analytics, patient portal, and integrated billing management. Backed by Google Ventures, First Round Capital, LabCorp and others, Flatiron’s industry-first technology platform and integrated suite of products deliver comprehensive support for cancer care providers and life science companies. For more information, please visit www.flatiron.com.
About the National Comprehensive Cancer Network
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®), a not-for-profit alliance of 27 of the world's leading cancer centers, is dedicated to improving the quality and effectiveness of care provided to patients with cancer. Through the leadership and expertise of clinical professionals at NCCN Member Institutions, NCCN develops resources that present valuable information to the numerous stakeholders in the health care delivery system. As the arbiter of high-quality cancer care, NCCN promotes the importance of continuous quality improvement and recognizes the significance of creating clinical practice guidelines appropriate for use by patients, clinicians, and other health care decision-makers. The primary goal of all NCCN initiatives is to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of oncology practice so patients can live better lives. For more information, visit NCCN.org.
The NCCN Member Institutions are:
- Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center
- Case Comprehensive Cancer Center/University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center and Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute
- City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center | Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
- Duke Cancer Institute
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center/Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
- Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University
- Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Moffitt Cancer Center
- The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center - James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital/The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Stanford Cancer Institute
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
- UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University of Colorado Cancer Center
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center
- Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Yale Cancer Center/Smilow Cancer Hospital