NCCN Research & Business Resources
Find a clinical trial >
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel Prize laureates, is a world leader in cancer research, prevention, and treatment. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation, the Fred Hutch thrives on a dedication to generate new scientific discoveries and effective medical treatments that save lives and ease the devastation that accompanies cancer and related diseases.
Clinical and Research Partners
The Fred Hutch, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, UW Medicine and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest and is one of 39 nationwide. UW Medicine includes the University of Washington School of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington Medical Center, and UW Medicine Neighborhood Clinics. Seattle Children's serves as the pediatric referral center for Washington, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho. Children's delivers superior patient care, advances new discoveries and treatments in pediatric research, and serves as the primary pediatric teaching site for the University of Washington School of Medicine. U.S. News & World Report ranks UW Medical Center as one of the top major medical centers and Children's as one of the best children's hospitals in the nation.
- Fred Hutch is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution devoted to the elimination of cancer and related diseases as causes of human suffering and death.
- Fred Hutch has 200 research groups in four scientific divisions collaborating to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied sciences focused on cancer and other fatal diseases.
- Fred Hutch receives more funding from the National Cancer Institute than any other research institution. For 2008, Fred Hutch's annual research budget is $351.4 million, of which approximately 79 percent comes from research grant and contract awards.
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) represents the collaboration between Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, UW Medicine, and Seattle Children's forming one of the most comprehensive adult and pediatric cancer care programs in the United States. SCCA combines world-class research and first-rate care to offer premier, patient-focused cancer care while supporting the conduct of cancer clinical research and education and enhancing access to improved interventions to advance the standard of cancer care.
- Patients coming to SCCA have access to state-of-the art cancer care programs and the latest research-based cancer therapies being developed by its three parent organizations.
- SCCA is committed to improving the transfer of new diagnostic and treatment techniques from clinical research settings to the community. A component of these efforts is enhancing opportunities for physicians to initiate and conduct clinical research trials.
- SCCA's highly integrated approach to cancer research and treatment will speed the flow of scientific information between researchers, clinicians, and patients, and accelerate the development of new knowledge and treatment for various cancers.