NCCN Guidelines for Patients®
NCCN Foundation® seeks to support the millions of patients and their families affected by a cancer diagnosis through development and distribution of NCCN Guidelines for Patients.
NCCN Guidelines for Patients are based on the same clinical practice guidelines used by healthcare professionals around the world.
Each resource is designed to help people living with cancer talk with their physicians about the best treatment options for their disease.
NCCN Guidelines for Patients Library
Almost 1.9 million people in the United States will be diagnosed with cancer in 2021.
Source: ACS Cancer Facts and Figures 2021.
These patients along with their families and caregivers:
- Can become overwhelmed by the medical details they need to know and decisions they need to make
- Deserve to know what to expect in state-of-the-art care
- Need clear, understandable information to best communicate with their health care providers
- Should be empowered in making evidence-based treatment decisions that are right for them and complement their values
We adapt complex treatment guidelines used by doctors and other cancer professionals into language that everyone can understand.
NCCN Foundation Young Investigator Awards Program
Moving Innovation Forward:
- This vital funding provided for some of the nation’s top next-generation cancer researchers is guiding the course of treatment innovation and advancement.
- More than $7.2 million awarded to advancing cancer research to 51 investigators to date.
- Young investigators, nominated by NCCN Member Institutions, are dedicated to discovering cutting-edge breakthroughs in cancer research.
- Awardee research highlighted in many scientific health care publications and journals, including The New England Journal of Medicine and JNCCN – Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
Examples of research topics pursued by NCCN Foundation Young Investigator Awardees include:
- Improving treatment for veterans with lymphoma
- Measuring and managing distress in cancer survivors
- How age impacts colon cancer treatment
- Supporting elderly patients with ovarian cancer
- Benefits of discussing cost of care with patients
- Use of cancer management guidelines
- Following patients with a high-risk for kidney cancer
- How genetics affect tumor growth
- How specific treatments affect melanoma outcomes
- Helping lung cancer patients make treatment decisions
- How age plays a role in bone marrow transplantation
- Helping to address health disparities
NCCN Foundation relies solely on donations and support from the community to fund our programs and services.
Our supporters help change the lives of people with cancer and their families. Thank you for your generous support.
Donate Now | State Fundraising Notices