NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer, Version 1.2017
• It is helpful to learn about fertility issues as soon
as you’re diagnosed.
• Your treatment plan includes drugs or procedures
that can have an effect on your fertility.
• The complete loss of the ability to have children is
• Your fertility preservation options will vary
depending on your age, gender, and type of
cancer you have.
• The most well-established methods of fertility
preservation are sperm banking for men and
embryo freezing for women.
Preparing for the future