NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer, Version 1.2017
Moving beyond treatment
• Finishing treatment is a major milestone in your
• Regular follow-up is critical to protecting your
• Instead of a cancer treatment team, you will now
need a cancer survivorship team.
• The U.S. Institute of Medicine has recommended
that all cancer patients be given a survivorship
• Being a cancer survivor can add new layers of
complexity to your personal life and relationships.
• You may worry the cancer will come back and you
will have to start over with treatment.