NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer, Version 1.2017
Questions to ask your doctors
1. Will the treatment affect my ability to have children?
2. Are there other ways to treat this cancer that will not affect my fertility?
3. How will I know if I am fertile when treatment is over? Are there tests that I can take?
4. Is there anything that can be done during treatment to protect my fertility?
5. Where can I find support for coping with fertility issues?
6. After my treatments are over, how long will it take for my periods to begin again?
7. If I am not having periods, should I still use contraceptives?
8. Is pregnancy safe for me after treatment? If so, how long should I wait after treatment to become