NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer, Version 1.2017
Questions to ask your doctors
1. What symptoms will I have as the cancer progresses?
2. How will it affect my ability to do things and get around?
3. Will I have any pain?
4. What can I take to stop the pain?
5. Are there any complementary treatments that can help? If so, can you refer me to a practitioner
who has worked with cancer patients?
6. Am I eligible for hospice care? Will it be covered by my insurance?
7. Does this hospital have an end-of-life support program for people my age? If not, can you refer
me to a counselor or support group?