NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Distress, Version 1.2017
Have you received help?
Questions to ask
1. What type of cancer do I have? Will it grow fast?
2. What tests do I need? How often are these tests wrong?
3. What options do I have? What will happen if I do nothing?
4. What are the pros and cons of each option? What are the side effects of treatment? What does
each option require of me in terms of travel, time off, costs, and so forth?
5. What can be done to prevent or relieve side effects?
6. What are my chances that the cancer will return?
7. Are you board certified? If yes, in what area? How many people like me have you treated?