NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Distress, Version 1.2017
Have you received help?
Questions to ask
1. What do chaplains do?
2. Are chaplains ministers or priests?
3. Can a chaplain help me if we’re not of the same faith or if I have no faith?
4. Can a chaplain help other family members?
Social work and counseling
1. What do social workers do?
2. Can you help me find a local support group?
3. Is there help for the high costs of cancer care?
4. Can you show me how to talk with my children, family, and friends?
5. How do I deal with people who are treating me differently?
6. How can counseling help with intimacy?
7. Can you help me get an advance directive?