NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Kidney Cancer, Version 1.2017
Making treatment decisions
Questions to ask your doctors
Questions to ask your doctors about treatments
1. Do I have to get treated?
2. What are my treatment options?
3. Will I have more than one treatment?
4. If surgery is an option, which type of surgery do you recommend?
How often do you perform this type of surgery?
5. Will laparoscopic surgery be an option?
6. What are the risks and benefits of each treatment for kidney cancer?
7. Will my age, general health, cancer stage, and other medical conditions limit my treatment
8. What treatment do you recommend for me? How is this treatment given?
9. How soon should I start treatment? How long does treatment last?