NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Kidney Cancer, Version 1.2017
Making treatment decisions
Questions to ask your doctors
10. Where will I be treated? Will I have to stay in the hospital or can I go home after each treatment?
11. What can I do to prepare for treatment? Should I stop taking my medications?
Should I store my blood in case I need a transfusion?
12. How much will the treatment cost? How can I find out how much my insurance company will
13. How likely is it that I’ll be cancer-free after treatment?
14. What symptoms should I look out for while being treated for kidney cancer?
15. When will I be able to return to my normal activities?
16. What is the chance that the cancer will come back or spread?
17. What should I do after I finish treatment?
18. Are there supportive services that I can get involved in? Support groups?