NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Lung Cancer Screening, Version 1.2017
How can you learn more?
Questions to ask your doctors
Questions about biopsies
1. What type of biopsy will I have?
2. Where will it take place?
3. How long will it take? Will I be awake?
4. Will it hurt? Will I need anesthesia?
5. What are the risks? What are the chances of lung collapse, infection, or bleeding afterward?
6. How do I prepare for the biopsy? Should I not take aspirin or eat beforehand?
7. Should I bring someone with me?
8. How long will it take for me to recover? Will I be given an antibiotic or another drug afterward?
9. Will I get a copy of the results?How soon will I know the results and who will explain them to me?
10. Who will talk about the next steps? When?