NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma, Version 1.2016
Making treatment decisions
Questions to ask your doctors
Questions about testing
1. What tests will I have?
2. Where will the tests take place? Will I have to go to the hospital?
3. How long will it take? Will I be awake?
4. Will it hurt? Will I need anesthesia?
5. What are the risks? What are the chances of infection or bleeding afterward?
6. How do I prepare for testing? Should I not take aspirin? Should I not eat beforehand?
7. Should I bring a list of my medications?
8. Should I bring someone with me?
9. How long will it take for me to recover? Will I be given an antibiotic or other drug afterward?
10. How soon will I know the results and who will explain them to me?
If a biopsy is done, will I get a copy of the results?
11. Will someone help me understand the costs of the tests? Will the tests be covered by my
12. Who will talk with me about the next steps? When?