NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma, Version 1.2014
to ask your doctor
1. What tests will I have?
2. Where will the tests take place? Will I have to go to the hospital?
3. How long will it take? Will I be awake?
4. Will it hurt? Will I need anesthesia?
5. What are the risks? What are the chances of infection or bleeding afterward?
6. How do I prepare for testing? Should I not take aspirin? Should I not eat beforehand?
7. Should I bring a list of my medications?
8. Should I bring someone with me?
9. How long will it take for me to recover? Will I be given an antibiotic or other drug afterward?
10. How soon will I know the results and who will explain them to me?
If a biopsy is done, will I get a copy of the results?
11. Who will talk with me about the next steps? When?
Testing for mesothelioma Questions about testing to ask your doctor