NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Mycosis Fungoides, Version 1.2016
Making treatment decisions
Questions to ask your doctors
What is your experience?
More and more research is finding that patients treated by more experienced doctors have better
results. It is important to learn if a doctor is an expert in the cancer treatment he or she is offering.
1. Are you board certified? If yes, in what area?
2. How many patients like me have you treated?
3. How many procedures like the one you’re suggesting have you done?
4. Is this treatment a major part of your practice?
5. How many of your patients have had complications?