NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Ovarian Cancer, Version 1.2017
Making treatment decisions
Questions to ask your doctors
Questions to ask your doctors about clinical trials
1. What clinical trial is right for me?
2. What is the purpose of the study?
3. How many people will be in the clinical trial?
4. What are the tests and treatments for this study? And how often will they be?
5. Has the treatment been used before? Has it been used for other types of cancers?
6. What side effects can I expect from the treatment? Can the side effects be controlled?
7. How long will I be in the clinical trial?
8. Will I be able to get other treatment if this treatment doesn’t work?
9. How will you know the treatment is working?
10. Who will help me understand the costs of the clinical trial?