NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Pancreatic Cancer, Version 1.2017
Questions to ask your doctors
Questions to ask your doctors about treatment
1. What are my treatment choices? What are their benefits and risks?
2. Is there a clinical trial that I can join?
3. Does this hospital or center offer the best treatment for me?
4. What can I do to prepare for treatment? Should I stop taking my medications? Should I store my
blood in case I need a transfusion?
5. How many pancreatic cancer surgeries have you done? How many of your patients have had
6. Is pancreatic cancer surgery a major part of your practice?
7. How soon should I start treatment? How long does treatment take?
8. How much will the treatment cost? Will my insurance cover the treatment?
9. What is the chance that my cancer will come back and/or spread?
10. Do I have time to get a 2