NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Prostate Cancer, Version 1.2016
• Doctors plan treatment using many sources of
• Life expectancy is the number of years you will
likely live. It is sometimes used to plan treatment.
• Risk groups can be used to start talking about
initial treatment options.
• Nomograms predict one person’s risk better than
risk groups and should be used to plan treatment.
• Imaging tests may be used to see if the cancer has
spread beyond the prostate.
• A fine-needle aspiration may be done to test for
cancer in lymph nodes.