NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Prostate Cancer, Version 1.2016
• Advanced disease is often first treated with ADT.
• CRPC is prostate cancer that grows even though
testosterone is at very low levels.
• A clinical trial, observation, and secondary
hormone therapy are options for CRPC without
• Newer treatments for CRPC with metastases
include sipuleucel-T, abiraterone acetate,
enzalutamide, and radium-223. Chemotherapy
with hormone therapy, clinical trials, and secondary
hormone therapy are other options.
• All men with CRPC should receive supportive care.
Treatment guide: Systemic treatment
Castration-recurrent prostate cancer