NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Prostate Cancer, Version 1.2016
Making treatment decisions
Questions to ask your doctor
What does each option require of me?
Many men consider how each option will practically affect their lives. This information may be
important because you have family, jobs, and other duties to take care of. You also may be concerned
about getting the help you need. If you have more than one option, choosing the option that is the
least taxing may be important to you:
1. Will I have to go to the hospital or elsewhere? How often? How long is each visit?
2. How do I prepare for treatment?
3. Should I bring someone with me when I get treated?
4. Will the treatment hurt?
5. How much will the treatment cost me? What does my insurance cover?
6. Is home care after treatment needed? If yes, what type?
7. How soon will I be able to manage my own health?
8. When will I be able to return to my normal activities?