NCCN Guidelines for Patients
Thyroid Cancer, Version 1.2017
8 Making treatment decisions
Questions to ask your doctors
Questions to ask your doctors about testing and results
1. What tests will I have for thyroid cancer?
2. Where and when will the tests take place?
3. How long will they take?
4. What are the risks?
5. How do I prepare for testing?
6. How soon will I know the results and who will explain them to me?
7. Have any cancer cells spread to other parts of my body?
8. Can you tell me about the symptoms of thyroid cancer?
9. What will happen if the thyroid nodule is not cancer? What tests will I have to assess the nodule?