National Comprehensive Cancer Network
Meet the Experts – Melanoma, Prostate Cancer, and Breast Cancer
Taped March 13, 2013 in Hollywood, Florida
This module provides expert insights into the consideration and decision-making processes that result in the recommendations of the NCCN Guidelines® and includes the following topics:
View Sample Video
- Review of the type and level of data needed for submissions to NCCN Guidelines Panels; methodological considerations
- Views of the experts on data and studies that are convincing
- NCCN Guidelines Categories of Evidence and Consensus for recommendations and assignment by panels to recommendations
- Do your Guidelines have “preferred lists”? How is inclusion determined?
- Panel considerations of payer implications for NCCN Guidelines recommendations
- Public transparency and panel discussions
- Panel considerations of cost
- Panel view and current considerations of outcomes data/observational data
- What is Institutional review?
- Discussion of the value of a Multidisciplinary Guidelines Panel
- How do you see the NCCN Guidelines evolving over the next three to five years?
Goodman, PhD, The Lewin Group
Coit, MD, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Mohler, MD, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Theriault, DO, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
View Faculty Information
To learn more about NCCN Academy Video Modules or to take advantage of discounted Corporate Council rates for licensing of the NCCN Academy Video Modules, please contact Jennifer Tredwell
File Size: 206 MB Length: 97 minutes Last Updated: 06/06/2013