JNCCN names new publishing company
FORT WASHINGTON, PA — JNCCN - The Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network announces the appointment of a new publishing company, Cold Spring Publishing, LLC. This appointment reflects the growth and depth of JNCCN, a peer-reviewed, indexed medical journal that provides the latest information about best clinical practices, oncology outcomes, and new research initiatives. Cold Spring Publishing is a newly formed medical publishing company based in Huntington, New York.
Jack Gentile, Chairman and Principal of Cold Spring Publishing, was the founder and president of PRR, Inc., a leading oncology publishing company in the United States. PRR, Inc. published the highly respected journal Oncology, the second most widely read journal in the field of oncology, as well as Oncology News International, Cancer Management Handbook, Primary Care & Cancer, and several educational programs directed specifically to the oncology specialty.
Conor Lynch, Executive Editor and Principal of Cold Spring Publishing, is former Executive Editor for Elsevier Oncology, publisher of The Journal of Supportive Oncology, Community Oncology, and The Oncology Report.
“Cold Spring Publishing’s leadership has more than 40 years of experience in the field of academic oncology that includes extensive success in building and leading editorial teams and developing innovative service offerings,” says William T. McGivney, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, NCCN. “We are pleased to appoint Mr. Gentile and his team; their skills and experience are a perfect fit with NCCN’s strategy to continue to drive the growth and development of our journal, JNCCN.”
JNCCN features updates on the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology™, review articles elaborating on NCCN Guideline recommendations, and health services and clinical research papers. Content covers the entire spectrum of oncologic health care from prevention and screening to treatment and supportive care.
JNCCN is ranked seventh in both readership and reader advertising exposure among the top oncology publications, according to FOCUS, a leading readership-measurement company for medical journals.
The March issue of JNCCN will be the first issue published by Cold Spring Publishing.
About the National Comprehensive Cancer Network
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®), a not-for-profit alliance of 25 of the world's leading cancer centers, is dedicated to improving the quality and effectiveness of care provided to patients with cancer. Through the leadership and expertise of clinical professionals at NCCN Member Institutions, NCCN develops resources that present valuable information to the numerous stakeholders in the health care delivery system. As the arbiter of high-quality cancer care, NCCN promotes the importance of continuous quality improvement and recognizes the significance of creating clinical practice guidelines appropriate for use by patients, clinicians, and other health care decision-makers. The primary goal of all NCCN initiatives is to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of oncology practice so patients can live better lives. For more information, visit NCCN.org.
The NCCN Member Institutions are:
- Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center at The Nebraska Medical Center
- City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
- Duke Cancer Institute
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center / Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
- Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University
- Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Moffitt Cancer Center
- The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center - James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital/The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Stanford Cancer Institute
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
- UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University of Colorado Cancer Center
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Yale Cancer Center/Smilow Cancer Hospital