NCCN Policy Summit Explores the Impact of Geography on Access to High-Quality Cancer Care
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®) is hosting an #NCCNPolicy Summit on policy challenges and solutions for bridging health care gaps across different regions.
Cancer incidence, care access, and care outcomes vary widely across geography. The NCCN Oncology Policy Summit brings together diverse panels of experts to discuss disparities in cancer care across geography as well as innovative policy and practice solutions to address these gaps.
Where: The National Press Club – 13th Floor
529 14th Street NW
*** Virtual Attendance Also Available ***
When: Thursday, June 15, 10:00am – 3:00pm EDT
(Breakfast begins at 9:00am for in-person attendees)
- Elisa Rodriguez, PhD, MS, Vice President & Associate Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Congressman Brian Higgins (D-NY), Co-Chair, Congressional Cancer Caucus
- Robert W. Carlson, MD,Chief Executive Officer NCCN
- Clifford Goodman, PhD, Healthcare Consultant
- Gary Weyhmuller, MBA, SPHR, EVP, Chief Operating Officer, NCCN
- Keith Argenbright, MD, Director, Moncrief Cancer Institute, UT Southwestern Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Ursa Brown-Glaberman, MD, Associate Professor, Hematology/Oncology, Medical Director, Clinical Research Office, University of New Mexico Cancer Comprehensive (UNM CCC)
- Mary Charlton, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology, The University of Iowa, Director, State Health Registry of Iowa
- Sara Kulwicki, MS, Associate Vice President, Clinical Development-Oncology Clinical Design, Delivery & Analytics, Loxo Oncology an Eli Lilly Company
- Mei Wa Kwong, JD, Executive Director, Center for Connected Health Policy
- Alma McCormick, Executive Director, Messengers for Health, Crow Nation, Member, PCORI Advisory Panel on Patient Engagement
- Janette Merrill, MS Ed, Senior Director Policy Programs, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Bonny Morris, PhD, MSPH, RN, Senior Director, Patient Navigation, American Cancer Society
- Waleed Mourad, MD, Professor of Radiation Oncology, Medical Director, Morehead Cancer Center, The University of Kentucky
- Jesse John Plascak, PhD, MPH, Assistant Professor, Division of Cancer Prevention & Control, The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Joette Walters, MSN, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation, Navajo Nation
Media can contact Rachel Darwin at firstname.lastname@example.org for complimentary press registration. Visit NCCN.org/summits for the full agenda, and join the conversation online with the hashtag #NCCNPolicy.
# # #
About the National Comprehensive Cancer Network
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®) is a not-for-profit alliance of leading cancer centers devoted to patient care, research, and education. NCCN is dedicated to improving and facilitating quality, effective, equitable, and accessible cancer care so all patients can live better lives. Visit NCCN.org for more information on the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) and other initiatives.